Thursday, February 8, 2007

First Christmas in Texas


It's kind of ironic that our first Christmas in Texas was actually spent in Wisconsin! Brandy and I went back to the "frozen tundra" for five days and it was great. My mom and dad built a new home for thier retirement just outside of Madison. We were pampered there, but unfortunately, did not get to see any snow. My dad made sure to point out all the details of their new house. He gave some credit to my mom for her ideas, but loved to put himself in the lime-light. After working 35 years with the same company, he is finally taking some days off and trying to relax. We are happy that he loves his new home!
Our first day back to school in Texas, however, was iced-out so we got one more day of vacation. It was much needed after our plane ride home was delayed for two days. I think that God knew we needed the rest.