Tuesday, September 1, 2009

I'm so proud of...

ME!!! Henry will have breast milk for the entire first year of his life! This week I'm finally allowed to enjoy a day without having to stop every few hours to pump. There are so many benefits of breast milk, and it became important to us for Henry to have it for as long as I could produce it. It just worked out that I produced enough and had the patience to stick with it for this long! I have enough stored in the freezer to get him to his first birthday and a little after. Yea! When I first went back to work in June, my production decreased dramatically, but I didn't give up! Thanks An, for the pep talks and referring me to the lactation consultant...and, of course, all the difficult/time-consuming caring you do for our little Doodle! I know he loves you and is so well taken care of! So cheers to me!!!! I'm really quite proud!!!

4 comments:

Kim Shirley said...

That's awesome and worth bragging on! I'm very impressed! What a great gift to give your little guy. I must admit I was weak and work got the best of me. So here's more props for pushing through that obstacle. Go mom!

Alison said...

Good job Bran! Way to go!!

Matt, Kacey and Myers Ginn said...

I AM SO PROUD OF YOU!!! I just started back to work part time and it's been really hard to keep nursing. My milk has decresed too and I HATE pumping. It's so hard, and I keep getting tempted to quit. You're motivating me to keep going! BTW those new pics of Henry are SO CUTE!!

Jessica said...

First of all, I had no idea you blogged! I just happened to see your link on Laura Tomlinson's page. Secondly, congrats!! I am planning on nursing our baby and want to pump and store for her as well! It is so encouraging to hear a success story and know its possible if you just stick with it!!