Wednesday, May 30, 2007

New Job for the Summer!


Hello everyone! Here is a picture of one of our nieces. Her name is Emma Faith. I just could not resist putting her up on this blog, especially since we do not get to see her too often.

I do not have too much new stuff to tell you about this summer. Brandy just finished the school year before Memorial Day, but her summer school schedule started on Tuesday and lasts for the month of June. The good thing is that all the days are only 8am-12:30, so there is still plenty of time for summer festivities. She is also enrolled in a leadership academy in which only a handful of teachers were selected in the district!

Ironically (?), after I wrote the last article on "You are the Christ," I was offered a salary position working on campus at DTS. It was hard to know if God wanted us to take the job after we decided that I was just going to go to school without working at all. Since I am not taking any classes this summer, the opportunity was just too good to pass up. Not only is it a salary position, but they are also going to pay for 80% of my tuition, health insurance, and a hefty discount on books! Is God great or what!? I have been praying for many years that God would simply pay for our tuition expenses at DTS, even while I was still a student at Mississippi State. It's amazing to see Him working so plainly in our lives. Hopefully, this will allow us to pay off our student loans and graduate debt-free from DTS.

2 comments:

The Chisholms said...

Hey Jared! Thanks for checking our blog, I look at yours all the time and it always speaks to something in my life at the time. So thanks. That picture of Emma is so cute! In reference to your comment about Arkansas, I KNOW! I thought it would be a lot of hillbillies and trees. But it is a beautiful place! There are tons of lakes and mountains and it's just gorgeous! The place we went this past weekend, Petit Jean Mountain, was incredible. We were on top of this huge mountain, but couldn't really tell most of the time, there were big pastures and fields and views up there. But then you'd see this amazing view out over the valley as you drove down a road. It was great! We are excited about going back. My parents have already reserved a place to stay there next Memorial Day. :) And to answer your question, we live in Rison. I'm glad ya'll are doing well. Praise God for providing in such a HUGE way! He is good! Keep checking out our blog, and I'll check yours. It's good to hear from ya'll. Tell Brandy I say HI!

Paul LoCicero said...

I read your blog and I am so happy for you, things always seem to work out it you put God first. You are already know the letters of GOD are good, orderly direction. I need to vent a little and so here goes. Work is trying right now and I seem more stressed over the small things and feel itf I am not at work things won't get down properly. Members always come to see me and it can be very overwhelming at. Considering I oversee pool, tennis, golf and our social calendar at work; I don't have much time for myself to work on my game and just enjoy. Phyllis and I have been taking ballroom dancing lesson together, we take a lesson once a week and try to attend the Friday night parties. It is a great time together and really enjoy ourselves. Well, I feel better already just posting this for you to read. Maybe I need more good, orderly direction in my life but sometimes I feel who am I to ask for help when there are so many unfortunate souls that need more help than I. Say Hi to Brandy; love ya.
Paul