Thursday, September 18, 2008

He's here, Henry's here!!!!

So, I will not go into incredible detail, but Henry's birth process was LONG! Thankfully, the actually delivery was only 24 minutes and 5 pushes!!!! We entered the hospital Sunday night at 10:00 in order to get the process started...You know there has to be a funny story or it just wouldn't be me. We get there and my sweet nurse is explaining to me that I needed to get undressed and wear the gown provided. Should be no big deal, right? Well, I noticed that it had sticky tape goo on it when I went to put it on, so I wanted to request another. I thought I pressed the nurse call button, as I'm standing naked in the bathroom. Apparently I hit the emergency button and 4 nurses burst through the doors to see what the emergency is. Yes, I'm standing there naked! Welcome to motherhood! Needless to say I got a new gown and the nurses got a good laugh! On with the story...I labored all night and all day the next day, and our bundle of joy arrived at 5:24 pm at 6 lbs. 12 oz and 20 in. long. My dr., per usual, was amazing, and we had a fantastic nurse named Julie that did an incredible job to make sure we could have a safe delivery. My sweet friend, Andrea, was there, and we don't know what we would have done without her. We are home now, as of 8:00pm last night, and things are going well. Here are some pics of the last few days!


Sunday night when we got to the hospital...puffy face for sure!!!!

Proud daddy! Look at those tears!
First Verwiel family photo
Let's go home, mama and daddy!
We're off to our first doctor's visit!

At the doctor. Daddy, what will he do?!

So sweet!!!!

I have more pics, but I just wanted to wet your appetite. My mom, Nana, will be arriving tonight at 8:00!!! We are so excited she is coming...Next, is Judy!!!

11 comments:

Holly said...

Brandy (okay, I thought your name was spelled Brandi - sorry about the misspellings!)
Thank you for posting - I think you're right - Henry is perfect! He is adorable!!! I can't wait to meet him!
Holly

Anonymous said...

He is so cute!! Sydney and I can't wait to meet him. You are wonderful parents already. Please let me know if you need anything.

The Chisholms said...

What a beautiful family! We're so glad that everything went well and that Henry is finally here! We can't wait to meet him!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! He's beautiful!! I would love to meet him in person some day. Enjoy and take care.

The Texas VicHorns said...

Congratulations!!!!

Ashley said...

So sweet!

I laughed out loud at your newest gown incident. At least Jared wasn't the one responsible for having you be naked when the doctor came in this time!

Alison said...

Yay! I love the pics of Henry!! I'd been doing some serious blog-stalking. I couldn't wait to hear how you're all doing :) Henry is a real cutie pie... adorable!!!! Love to you, Jared, and Henry from all of us!

The pictures of your family reminded me of the time way back when in Atlanta when you and Jared were first going out and we were all (me, you, Mike, Jared) hanging out at Christmas Conf. How much has changed!

LT (and Max) said...

congratulations! i'm so excited for you!

Kim Shirley said...

Aw! Congratulations!!! He's adorable! And I'm so glad to hear Mama and baby are well (and Dad too!). Can't wait to see even more pic's of your sweet blessing.

Kim Shirley said...

ok, I just read the other posts - and I'm lovin' Allison's flashback. I believe I remember Brandy telling us that trip that her and JRock had been talking marriage and we were blown away. Now look at where we all are!

God's so good!!

Ashley said...

Happy One Week Old Birthday, Henry!