Thursday, January 15, 2009

Excuse me, Mrs., what are you doing?

I'm back to work these days, making a difference in patients' lives! I went to work the last Monday and Tuesday of December. Henry went with me to meet some of the docs and nurses that I knew would want to meet him. We had a big couple of days! We went to about 16 different offices in all. He was so sweet to everyone and everyone was sweet to him. Judy came January 4th and is staying through the end of the month...THANK GOODNESS! She has been so great with Henry! She's really made me feel better about transitioning back to work. I'm not working full time yet, but will be back in full force in February. Big John came down a few days later, but he's leaving this Sunday. BUCKY BADGER!
Now, about the title to this post. I'm still breastfeeding Henry, but since going back to work I've been pumping at the same time as he normally eats. It's really awkward sitting in my car in random parking lots so that I can insure that Henry gets the nutrition he needs. Every time I pump I'm expecting some officer to pull up and say, "Excuse me, Mrs., just what are you doing?" or "I'm sorry to bother you, but we received a call that you've been lurking in the parking lot for 20 minutes". So far nothing like that has happened, but I'll keep you updated! To say the least, I feel creepy sitting in my car topless in parking lots...oh well, you do whatcha gotta do.
Henry is such a good baby. He's taken a bottle and continued nursing since he was around 9 weeks old...maybe 7. He turned 4 months today! We're so exited! Below is a video of him "talking" tonight after his bath...notice the Mohawk! (Please be aware that Grammy Judy's political views might not line up with yours.)He loves the sound of his voice and, like me, is such a people person! He HATES being alone, unless, of course, he's sleepy. He's very interested in those around him. We also got some pictures from Ashley. She did such a fantastic job when she and Bryan came out. I've decided to share some. I also added a video of him "playing the drums"! I hope you enjoy!!!!!































4 comments:

Ashley said...

That little guy is so cute!

I might feel a little paranoid about doing that in a bunch of different parking lots too! I wonder if they make some sort of window shields for that kind of thing. Maybe you need a few of those big silver tin-foil sun shields! That might be even more conspicuous if you put those up in every window of the car, though. Hm. I don't know what I'm saying.

The Anderson Family said...

i love the video with the mohawk! so cute!! i want judy to come here, she sounds like a big help!!

LCarter said...

I love the video of Henry "talking!" He's adorable! ALL the pictures are super cute too!

http://www.horoscopo-gratis.com.ar said...

This is definitely a blog worth following. Youve got a great deal to say about this subject, and so much knowledge. I think that you know how to make people listen to what you have to say, especially with an issue thats so important. Im glad to know this blog. Two big thumbs up, man!