Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Goin' back to Cali, Cali, Cali


Jared and I enjoyed a fantastic vacation to Cali...just the 2 of us!!! Grumps (my dad) and Meemee (my dad's wife) came and took care of Henry. They did a wonderful job and graciously stuck to his schedule. Henry also got to try some yummy table food! Dad and Jeri, thank you so much for coming and taking amazing care of our Doodle-bug!

Jared and I went to California for our friends' wedding. Adam and Jessi live in LA and asked Jared to officiate their wedding. He did such a sweet job, if I do say so myself. Adam and Jessi are friends of Jared's from high school in good ol' Greendale, WI. They enjoyed such a beautiful day; thank you Adam and Jessi for inviting us out! Here are a few highlights from our week. Jared and I left early Tuesday morning and had dinner with the lovely couple Tuesday evening. On Wednesday, Jared and I went to Santa Monica and enjoyed a beautiful day on the beach, shopping, and just having fun. Then on Thursday, the festivities began for the wedding. Adam's aunt and uncle hosted a pool party at their house. Everything was set up beautifully...of course I didn't get a single pic, BUT I managed to catch this video. I promised Adam that I'd put it on our blog! Adam's sister and cousin created this marvelous synchronized swimming routine! Check it out! :-)



Friday was the rehearsal dinner that turned into a late night...well, for me anyway! Jared was tired and went to bed. I, however, stayed and made friends. For those of you reading, I'm sure you're shocked! ;-) The wedding was absolutely stunning...Jessi looked AH-MAZING! Adam cleans up nice, too! Haha! We really needed to get away, and it was an added bonus that my dad suggested he come and take care of Doodle. Here are pics from our trip! :-)

1 comment:

Jessi said...

I'm just now catching up on your blog, from the honeymoon and all the wedding festivities.

A few things. THANK YOU for your very sweet words about our wedding. Having you and Jared there really made it even more special.

People are STILL talking about what an incredible job Jared did at the ceremony. That was my favorite part of the day. I have y'all to thank for that.

Two, Friday night was SO fun. And you were not the only one who stayed out too late. Y'all...this gorgeous Mommy was the life of the party on Friday! It was amazing.

We miss you guys! And can't wait to meet Henry! He's so gorgeous, really. I love him. :)

XOX,
Jessi