Thursday, July 31, 2008

Another Baby Shower!!! (sorry, this is a LONG post!)

Welcome everyone! (Andrea made this out of diapers!!!)





He has his own candy bar!


Well I've received strict instructions from others to get this post up with pics ASAP! Last Saturday, my sweet friends, Andrea, Lauren, and Stephanie hosted a shower for me. We had a good time. It is so humbling to see people who love our little Henry already! Everything was perfect! Andrea did all of the decor (so beautiful and sweet), Lauren cooked the food (delicious by the way...I have to share her recipe for some truffles that she made!), and Stephanie made punch and got some prizes for games (the punch was so good...Steph wanted to spike it, however. she's the mother of 3 - a three year old and twins!) We ate, we laughed, I cried a little, and we played some great games! I got pics with Andrea and Lauren, but Stephanie had already left :-(






Lauren made these!!!!Andrea's mom was in charge of the flowers...didn't she do a great job!
Andrea put these together as little party favors for everyone. They are jelly beans...Karlee couldn't stay away! Games

1) Name that baby food! Thankfully Andrea didn't have us taste the food. We had to guess what the baby food was...I didn't do so well. Thank goodness for labels (Her husband, Bryan, on the other hand, did the test the night before and did quite well!!!)

2) Don't say "baby" or cross your legs, ladies! This was fun. Everyone was given a necklace with a lotto ticket on it. If someone caught you saying the word "baby" or crossing your legs while you sat, they could take your necklace. I had my necklace about 2 minutes...crossed my legs!

3) Pick what you want! (Not an official title but it will work). See the pic below if my instructions don't make sense. Everyone was given a sheet of paper with a list of attributes: eyes, hair, nose, complexion, intelligence, money habits, etc. Next to it were check boxes for Jared or me. Each person had to choose which attribute I wanted Henry to have. For instance, Jared's eyes, my laugh, etc. My copy was the answer key, of course. It was really neat to see what I want this little one to have of Jared's and mine. Lauren is so observant! She notice that I picked equally 10 for Jared and 10 for me! When everyone had left and Jared came to help clean up, I had him play the game, too. It was fun to see our similarities and differences.
We received some wonderful gifts. Stephanie took pics, so take a look...





























Lauren made this...made me cry!!!



























Wendi sent this gift set from
Charleston. It's so sweet and soft!










My mom sent this little outfit...can we say "little Jared"?!
I'm unsure how many weeks we are because of Henry measuring ahead and my due date being moved up, but here is a recent belly pic for you.


3 comments:

Alison said...

I was hoping you'd have posted a new belly picture! Thanks!! Your shower looks like so much fun...that's a cute game (the one where you pick what you want from which parent).

Ashley said...

This looks perfect! The descriptions you gave the other day made me picture everything exactly... the only thing I had different in my mind was the Zebra on the right side of the frame! haha
I miss you! Can't wait to chat again soon!

P.S. I'm going home in two weeks!!!!!!!

Woodman said...

WOW!! You got some awesome things!! And the decorations for the party were ADORABLE!!! Fun Fun Fun!!!

PS The address to my blog has changed...its now www.thehuckleberry.blogspot.com