Monday, August 18, 2008

4 weeks to go!!!!

It's been a while since I've posted (as some people have pointed out), so I'm going to follow suit like Meredith Horn and Kim Shirley and post with bullet points! thanks y'all!

  • We have about 4 weeks to go until Henry comes!!!! We are scheduled to be induced on Monday, Sept. 15th! We visited the hospital we'll be going to and took a tour, otherwise known as a "turr" by one of the nurses there ;-) I can't find a picture of it on the internet, however, it doesn't even look like a hospital. It looks like a castle! (You can take a "turr" by going to google and typing in Baylor Frisco, TX. Click on the Women's Center tab, then click Our Facility.)
  • I must give a shout out to 2 friends! Adam and Jessi are friends of Jared's from high school. They are engaged to be married next September! Anyway, they sent us a gift for Henry. They gave us a onesie and some binkies! The onesie is so precious!!!! Henry will be sporting that with pride!!! Another that he'll be proud to sport is from Ashley (I'm glad you're finally home, by the way. I've wanted to call, but figure you are soaking up quality time with Bryan). Anyway, she sent this to us from NY, and it is so CUTE!!! See below...
  • From Adam and Jessi


    From Ashley

  • This weekend Jared whisked me away for a weekend getaway for just the 2 of us. I took my camera but didn't take a single picture. I got some from the internet, so I hope these will do. He sent me an email Tuesday of last week that said, "Don't make any plans for the weekend..." So we left on Friday and had a wonderful weekend of eating, shopping, and just being together.








  • Some of you may be thinking..."What about Rahab?" This is a story in itself. Jared works with a friend named Jason. He and his family (Joni his wife, Laney 8, Miller 4, and Hadley 10 months) came over last week to visit and meet Rahab. To say the least, the kids fell in love. It was a SAD moment when they had to leave. So, of course, Jared asked Jason if they wanted to keep her over the weekend. The kids exploded with joy...YEA!!!!!! We went over to there house on Friday, dropped her off, and gave the kiddos instructions with how to take care of Rahab...when to feed her, let her out, all of her commands for her tricks, etc. When we called to see what would be a good time to pick her up, Jason said, "You don't have to do that. She's just fine here!" When we went to get her, the whole family just "oohed" and "ahhed" over her. Talked about how sweet she was, how amazed they were that she doesn't even have to walk on a leash, on and on. We spent a couple of hours visiting with them, but eventually we had to go. Laney and Miller literally clung to Ray as they said goodbye...so sad!!! They begged us to take care of her again. We are so proud of our little Ray and can't wait to see what good friends she and Henry will be...just look at that face!


















Here are the latest belly pics from the last 2 weeks. Yes, I'm wearing the same outfit! I only have 1 pair of shorts, and I wear them literally every day when I get home from work!!! This week is my last week of work until the new year!!!! I work for a phenomenal company!!!

Last week

This week

8 comments:

Holly said...

Finally!!!!!! Thanks for posting!!! I love the updates....Hope you continue to do well....I think they call those little getaways Babymoons, right? That's such a great idea!!!!

The Texas VicHorns said...

1. bullet points can be very useful can't they?

2. YOu are having a BABY soon!!!

3. This is all very exciting.

The Nichols Family said...

Bran, you look amazing! Enjoy these last couple of weeks and get as much rest as possible. We are only 5 days into taking care of Riley, but it's the most amazing experience. Chris and I wish you the best of luck over these next few weeks and the delivery if he decides to come early! :)

Daniel and Shea Scarbrough said...

What a great idea Jared...the family time with the two of you! Can't wait to hear about meeting Henry.

Ashley said...

I want to hear all about your weekend getaway! He's so sweet! I'm very glad to be home... just looking for a job while Bryan's at school again ahhh!

The Chisholms said...

You look so cute and great! I totally get you on the having a veeerrrry limited wardrobe at this point, some of my maternity clothes are getting too small--sad!!! I can't wait to hear all about Henry's arrival! I'm putting your induction day on the calendar! and hey--thanks for the prayers, we appreciate it!

Alison said...

I'm so glad you posted :) You look so tiny to be delivering in 4 weeks!! You look great! So glad you and J-Rock got a fun weekend away together! I'm sure you had a blast. I CAN'T WAIT to see pictures of Henry and hear how your delivery goes!

The Anderson Family said...

so cute!!! I love your blog and congrats on the last week of work, I really do need the update!! miss talking to you!