Saturday, June 20, 2009

Ch, Ch, Changes

We are into the swing of things as far as our routine with me going back to work. Henry's little personality and self-will are coming out. I've put some cute videos of him below. I was telling my mom, Nana, about Henry's latest thing...tantrums. Every night when Jared and I get home, he demands our attention for the first 10-15 minutes. I caught one on video, per Nana's request. Turn your volume down if you don't want to hear the crying...or just don't watch it at all! ;-) I will say, however, there's a funny part towards the end! Jared and I are learning the balance of letting him cry it out, so as to teach Henry that he will not get his way all the time or playing with him, as our time is VASTLY limited these days.


We took Henry to the pool last Saturday for the first time. Poor guy was terrified. Jared took him and plopped him down in the baby pool and sat beside him. Henry's just like his mama and daddy...he HATES being cold! Bless his little heart, he made noises and his entire body started shaking! It was sad. Jared scooped him and tried to comfort him. Then I took him and jumped in the big pool (no, I didn't dunk him!). He was clinging to me, practically clawing me. Any time I want to snuggle, I'm going to take Henry to the pool. I took him on Sunday afternoon by myself, then the whole family went again Sunday evening. Henry's definitely warming to the idea of the pool. We managed to get a few laughs and smiles out of him by the 3rd time around. :-) Here are some pics of our water-baby. (please notice Jared's dark tan)
Jared also took Henry to the dr. for his 9 month check up this Thursday. No shots! Henry weighs in at a whopping 17 lbs 13 oz. (30th percentile) and 29 1/2 in tall (90th percentile). He's doing well but needs to eat more.




1 comment:

The Anderson Family said...

oh tantrums!! so fun. let me know what works with those!!haha
the pic with his crazy hair is my favorite. SOOO CUTE