Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Workin' Hard for the money!

OK, so when I title this post, I couldn't help but think of Kris Allen's version of that song! Love him! Sorry, back to business...


I accepted a job last week and began working on Monday. I am working for VITAS Innovative Hospice Service. I'll be visiting hospitals to educate physicians, nurses, and social workers to help patients transition to death. Sounds depressing but it actually isn't. Providing peace for a family and/or patient during such a difficult transition is a gift. (So in a way, I'm selling a gift!) I will sell the service that my company provides patients and their families. Some of my new territory is vastly different, and I'll also have some of my previous territory from my pharmaceutical job. I'm going through orientation this week and shadowing people with different aspects that our company provides. God, of course, provided every step of this...Without going into much detail things were arranged by the hand of God (vote on the right if you want to hear the details of the story).

Andrea is taking care of Henry, which is a great comfort to us. On Monday when I went to drop him off I cried. I was just going through so many changes (1. contemplating a new car purchase 2. new job 3. breast milk has decided to start drying up - starting taking an herbal supplement today, we'll see how that goes 4. oh yeah, leaving Henry to begin a new career). Andrea just doesn't do tears, but she handled it beautifully. I hopped in the car and called Tiffany...She picked up and I said with tears, "I need a pep talk!" (I'm pretty sure only dogs could hear my pitch!) She gave a pep talk, and then we gabbed for a bit. Thanks friends!
We decided to purchase another vehicle! I'm excited about it. It's a 2009 Hyundai Sonata. After research, I'm proud to quote one of the reviews, "Hyundai built a better Camry than Toyota," which is good because we were considering a Camry or Accord. I wish I knew how to hyperlink, but here's the review if you want to read it! http://www.edmunds.com/hyundai/sonata/2009/review.html We went on Saturday to test drive it. I couldn't decide on what to do. They let us drive it over the weekend to "help" our decision. We took it in on Monday, and after asking a few demands, we bought it! Woo-hoo!
Below are some older pictures of Doodle...I kiss him much more often these days! It's probably a bit annoying.






4 comments:

Alison said...

Congratulations on the new job! We'll be praying for your transition to the new position and having to leave Henry. He sure is a cutie! Love the pictures.

Holly said...

Thanks for the update....I'd been checking to see if you'd post. Hope you are enjoying the new job (and car)! I look forward to hanging out with Mr. Henry at the end of the month! Talk to you soon!
Holly

The Anderson Family said...

Once again SO PROUD of YOU! you can call me anytime for pep talks. YOU are a rockin sales mama! Go get em! Love you

LT (and Max) said...

congrats on the new job. you will be great at that.

look how big your little man is getting!!!!